“God gave me this journey for reasons bigger than my reasons.”
On day 1 of this three-month Sabbatical Journey I set down my reasons for doing it.
- It is in my contract. I earned it.
- I want to see how expert teach their dogs and how they learn.
- I want to explore what retirement might be like.
- I want to apply great dog training principles to my dogs and school.
- I look forward to escape my day-to-day.
- I want to experience time in a new way.
I want to explore our amazing country.
- I want to be outdoors.
- I want to connect with “real” men.
- I need to be sure of my call to Menaul School.
- I need to affirm my confidence in my Menaul School team.
- I want to see how Laurie and I do apart and her patience with me.
After over a month on the road, these reasons still hold true. I might add one or two new ones.
- I want to wreck my daily schedule so I can insure purpose in everything I do.
- I want to hear God’s voice in new ways.
- I want to see how I manage aloneness.
- I want to meet new people who share my passions in life.